Vacation rentals are on the rise from providers like Airbnb, Flipkey, Homeaway and more. And of course, like everything else, it has advantages and disadvantages.
Here are some advantages: –
1. It is an adventure, you have the opportunity to live another person’s life for days or weeks at a time. It can be very exciting and entertaining.
2. It is affordable luxury. You can get more luxurious space for less.
3. There are a variety of amazing options and locations to roam around the world. You have the opportunity to stay in common areas with others or not at all uncommon, with all the advantages and disadvantages that it poses.
4. You have the opportunity to connect with the locals and experience the true cultural aspects of your host destination such as people and customs as well as the authentic cuisine.
5. In most cases, the host is less restrictive as to the number of guests who can share accommodations that can translate into more savings for you.
6. Of course, it is less restrictive regarding guest parties and the general inconvenience factor.
However, in order to ensure lasting memories, you may want to consider some questions before booking your next vacation reservation:
1. Who will be your neighbors? Is anyone in the immediate neighborhood registered as a pregnant child or rapist?
2. Has the house been cleaned well? Is bed bugs a problem? Are the bathtub, bathroom, kitchen, carpet and every surface in the house cleaned daily? Who is responsible for cleaning it? Will it be the owner, maid or protection company?
3. When staying in a hotel you have the option to transfer to another room when conditions dictate, are there similar options available when renting the vacation of your choice?
4. Is privacy an issue. Are there surveillance cameras in the building? If so, are they using security cameras for security measures or is it just an invasion of your privacy?
5. Is your safety a problem at all? Will a landline phone be included in the accommodations? Are the hosts trustworthy?
6. Does the tourism office, the Ministry of Health, and / or government agencies oversee vacation rentals?
These are just a few questions to consider before making travel arrangements. For you to have happier and safer trips for you and your loved ones.